Tuesday, September 16, 2008

John Two

A 6'6 gorgeous hunk of man with a Harley showed up in Helen to spend the day with little ole me.  Well, I was a tad bit late which I think ticked him off from the beginning.  I was doomed before I even got there.  Mom and Dad had just gotten home from MA and told mom I would take her to the Post Office to pick up the mail.  Left a little late from my house.  Well, mother got a tad bit confused as to where she was and with whom so it took me a few minutes to get her in MY truck and she was chatting with Pastor Phillips.  Got her back home and headed over the mountain to Helen.  I still had enough time to squeak in but wouldn't you know, every biker (motorized and non-motorized) was riding on the mountain that day.  It took me forever but thought I was ok until I hit the traffic jam in Helen.  The heat from the street was radiating skyward in waves.  
I couldn't call him as no cell service on the mountain.  As I was getting closer, I missed my turn in so had to go down a few blocks to flip around.  More traffic.  Finally got into the parking lot and there were no spots to park.  Went around twice.  Third time I stopped to honk and tell him I was there but needed to go find a place to park.  While I was talking, the truck in front of me backed out and in I went:)
I had investigated various hiking options and falls in the area on the computer.  Had not been to any of them.  Told him that.  Was not familiar with Helen.  Told him that.  Off to Raven Cliff Falls we went.  Gravel road.  Not happy.  How was I to know?  Didn't want to hike.  Oh boy.
He was playing Sheryl Crow - the Fun in the Sun song and I am on the back be bopping.  He yells for me to take it easy on him:)  Yikes.  Forgot.
So we went back the way we came to Unicoi Falls and Park.  He passed the turn off twice.  I was getting more nervous by the minute.  Could not figure out what the heck was going on.  He decided we needed to ride over to Dahlonega to eat.  We only eat at Moe's when we are there.  I proposed that.  When we get there he informs me he does not eat Mexican food so went to the rib place next door.  
Anywho, we talked for a bit.  Not much and started back to  Helen.  He informed me he needed to be back by 3:00 to meet someone he had not even called yet.  Not totally dumb so at that point, just enjoyed the ride.  When we got back, it was awkward.  Weird.  He was so withdrawn.  Disassociated. 
It was strange from beginning to end but we had talked on the IM for two weeks previous to that.  Got no strange vibes then. Didn't even get close enough to this one to sneak a sniff.  
My conclusion - the guy was altogether into looks.  I didn't qualify which is fine.  He was just not man enough to tell me.  Knothead.

2 comments:

sabaville said...

At least you got a ride on the back of the hog!!

fouffyhead said...

It was such fun:) Need to buy one!