Monday, September 8, 2008

First Fish in the Sea...

were not what anyone is looking for.  They must have spotted a rookie a mile away because it took me some time to figure out what was going on.  To be brief about the first few chat sessions, they were unsuitable in every way imaginable.  Some I chatted with to be friendly which I learned is not the thing to do.  Some I chatted with to learn how to do this on-line thingy which was fun but not very profitable.  Last but not least, I learned not to respond to every Tom, Dick and Harry that sent a message of interest my way.  Got over the "do not want to be rude" aspect posthaste.  It took about two months before one caught my interest enough to talk to beyond the computer and telephone.  My dad often refers to himself as a dinosaur.  I can relate.  I too feel that way but about different issues.  Dating is one.  I would rather meet face to face, knee to knee, and hip to hip so I can see body language, the eyes, and all the other things that give you clues.  Over the computer, zippo.  They can tell you anything.  No filters, no reactions, zilch.  One thing I have learned is that it is easy to be brave behind the computer.  Whole different ball game on the phone.  Entirely different world when you actually meet after all that chatter.  Now, the fur is going to raise, fly, or vibrate.  Yikes!
Tomorrow, as my sis calls them - John One:)
OUT

2 comments:

sabaville said...

So I see you have heeded advice and do what you do best. Write about it...sweetie pie. This should be titled the Chronicles of Jody:) So are we still holding on to that first fish of the sea or did we throw him back along with his truck load of wood. tee hee

fouffyhead said...

You will have to wait until tomorrow to get... the rest of the story. Can only handle One John at a time:)